Current:Home > MarketsPhotographer alleges he was forced to watch Megan Thee Stallion have sex and was unfairly fired -Capitatum
Photographer alleges he was forced to watch Megan Thee Stallion have sex and was unfairly fired
NovaQuant Quantitative Think Tank Center View
Date:2025-04-06 21:47:26
LOS ANGELES (AP) — A photographer who worked for Megan Thee Stallion said in a lawsuit filed Tuesday that he was forced to watch her have sex, was unfairly fired soon after and was abused as her employee.
In the suit filed in Los Angeles Superior Court, Emilio Garcia said that after a night out in 2022 in Ibiza, Spain, he was in an SUV with the hip-hop star when she began having sex with another woman right next to him. He was unable to get out of the moving car, and would have been in the middle of nowhere in a foreign country even if he was able. Garcia was “embarrassed, mortified and offended throughout the whole ordeal,” according to the lawsuit.
Alex Spiro, Megan’s lawyer, said she would fight the lawsuit in court.
“This is an employment claim for money — with no sexual harassment claim filed and with salacious accusations to attempt to embarrass her,” Spiro said.
The next day Megan told Garcia never to discuss what he saw and berated and fat-shamed him, the lawsuit said. The complaint also said Garcia, who had already considered quitting because he was overworked and underpaid in a hostile work environment aggravated by Megan’s possessiveness and abusiveness, was misclassified as an independent contractor but treated as an exclusive employee.
Garcia raised those issues in the conversation with Megan, and was fired the following day after four years of working for her, the suit said. He has since filed a job discrimination complaint with the California Civil Rights Department.
The lawsuit, first reported by NBC News, names as defendants Megan, whose legal name is Megan Pete; her companies Megan Thee Stallion Entertainment and Hot Girl Touring; and her label, Roc Nation. A defense response has yet to be filed. There was no immediate response to an email seeking comment from a representative of Roc Nation.
Garcia is seeking financial damages to be determined at trial, alleging he has suffered severely both emotionally and physically because of his treatment on the job, the firing and having to witness the scene in the SUV.
Megan, 29, was previously involved in major legal drama — and underwent a torrent of online abuse — as the victim of a shooting by rapper Tory Lanez, who a jury found fired at her feet on a street in the Hollywood Hills in 2020. She testified at the trial where jurors convicted Lanez of three felonies and a judge sentenced him to 10 years in prison.
Already a major rising artist at the time of the shooting, Megan has since become one of hip-hop’s biggest stars. She won a Grammy for best new artist in 2021, and she had No. 1 singles with “Savage,” featuring Beyoncé, and as a guest on Cardi B’s “WAP.”
veryGood! (517)
Related
- Organizers cancel Taylor Swift concerts in Vienna over fears of an attack
- Meet The Real Housewives of Dubai's Fiery New Housewife in Sizzling Season 2 Trailer
- Where are they now? Key players in the murder trial of O.J. Simpson
- Canada at risk of another catastrophic wildfire season, government warns
- Jorge Ramos reveals his final day with 'Noticiero Univision': 'It's been quite a ride'
- Legendary athlete, actor and millionaire: O.J. Simpson’s murder trial lost him the American dream
- Alaska House passes budget with roughly $2,275 payments to residents, bill goes to Senate
- The Downfall of O.J. Simpson: How His Murder Trial Changed Everything
- 'Stranger Things' prequel 'The First Shadow' is headed to Broadway
- 2 inmates dead after prison van crashes in Alabama; 5 others injured
Ranking
- In ‘Nickel Boys,’ striving for a new way to see
- Ralph Puckett Jr., army colonel awarded Medal of Honor for heroism during Korean War, dies at 97
- Ron Goldman's Dad Fred Speaks Out After O.J. Simpson's Death
- Jewel Breaks Silence on Kevin Costner Dating Rumors
- 'Stranger Things' prequel 'The First Shadow' is headed to Broadway
- 1 killed, 5 injured in shooting in Northeast Washington DC, police search for suspects
- Taylor Swift has long been inspired by great poets. Will she make this the year of poetry?
- Maryland 'Power couple' wins $2 million with 2 lucky tickets in the Powerball drawing
Recommendation
Connie Chiume, South African 'Black Panther' actress, dies at 72
Parent Trap’s Dennis Quaid Reveals What Nick Parker Is Up to Today
Former Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey says the abortion ruling from justices he chose goes too far
MLB Misery Index: AL Central limping early with White Sox, Guardians injuries
How to watch new prequel series 'Dexter: Original Sin': Premiere date, cast, streaming
Congress is already gearing up for the next government funding fight. Will this time be any different?
Maine shooter’s commanding Army officer says he had limited oversight of the gunman
Woman found slain 38 years ago in California identified with DNA testing